Minutes for the MetOcean DWG Teleconference, 9th July 2012, 15:00-16.00 UTC
Chris Little (UKMO)
Jeff de la Beaujardière (NOAA)
Jürgen Seib (DWD)
Roy Ladner (USNavy)
Matthias Müller (TU-Dresden)
Status of the works :
1. We discussed and unanimously agreed a single name for the second time axis: "REFERENCE_TIME".
2. We discussed the iea of restricting requests to one map layer only, unless there was a simple, complete, 'slab' of layers. No extra speification is needed over and abouve WMS1.3 for error conditions, such as a missing layer 8 out of layers 1 to 10 requested as a block. WMS1.3 eorro processing would be as specified (i.e. blanked layer, text layer, or XML message). Jeff will produce a slide describing this.
3. Chris will put the definitive WMS BP set of slides on the OGC Portal and Met Ocean Wiki, as well as the missing presentations (Irina Dörnblutt and Stephan Sieman) from OGC TC Exeter.
4. Chris will also upload a framework OGC Best Practice document to start writing, and finishing by 14 Sept 2012, to meet the 3 week deadline for the next OGC TC in Seoul. All agreed to contribute.
5. We agreed that the WMS BP document should encompass TIME and ELEVATION, but not climatological time, so finalising dicussion on ELEVATION was needed.
6. Date of Next Meeting Monday 2012-07-16 15:00 UTC
- 10 Jul 2012