Minutes of Telecon 23 02 2010
- Jean-Pierre Aubagnac
- Frédéric Guillaud
- John Schattel
- Bruce Wright
- Ethan Davis
- Chris Little
- Aaron Braeckel
- Dominic Lowe
- Andrew Woolf
- Jeremy Tandy
- 1) Review actions from last week
- 2) Discuss Use Cases (actors/information types - main item)
- 3) Discuss Frascati/next meeting
- 4) AOB
1) Review actions from last week
- ACTION A9: AW to flesh out polar year use case further using real example from polar year.
- ACTION A10: CL to send email to Øystein Godøym, Norway for further information/ideas for polar year use case. (kept open awaiting response) A9 and A10 CLOSED CL has posted Polar year usecase
- ACTION A13: DL transfer minutes from huddle to twiki. CLOSED
- ACTION A14: AW to follow up by email to see if a CM meeting in Frascati is feasible. OPEN
- ACTION A15: AW to follow up use case 1 wiht AB by email. OPEN
- ACTION A16: AW to follow up use cases 2 and 3 by email with PT. OPEN
- ACTION A17: FG to add details of his op forecasting use case onto twiki. CLOSED
- ACTION A18: AW to follow up on hydrology use case (possibly re WRON work in australia) OPEN
- ACTION A19: AW: Put on twiki guidance about how to identify datatypes OPEN
- ACTION A20: ALL Review use cases, add detail by next telecon. CLOSED
- ACTION A21: ALL Begin to identify data types on use cases by next telecon. OPEN
2) Discuss Use Cases
Use cases can be found at MetOceanUseCases
We aimed to begin identifying actors, information types and query types for each use case.
During the meeting Aaron fleshed out this information for Use case 1 (Future Avaition Scenarios).
We assigned the others to individuals or groups.
Rather than creating individual actions, ACTION 21 (identify data types) remains open but breaks down as follows:
- Use Case 1: Future Aviation - Aaron
- Use Case 2: Current Aviation Op - Met Office (Bruce/Pete/Chris)
- Use Case 3: Routine op forecasting at NWS - Frédéric
- Use Case 4: Multi-model ensemble, hurricane - John
- Use Case 5: Winter maintenance highways - Met Office
- Use Case 6: Seasonal forecasting India - Met Office
- Use Case 7: Climate impact assessment - Not assigned yet
- Use Case 8: Emergency response - John
- Use Case 9: Polar year - Andrew/Chris
- Use Case 10: Automated steering of hi-res models - Ethan
- Use Case 11: Flood forecasting - Chris >> hydro wg
Please see Use Case 1 as a good example
of what is required.
There was further discussion recognising that there will be cross-cutting aspects to many of these use cases.
3) Discuss Frascati/next meeting
- There will be a report back to the DWG in Frascati.
- There will be no telecon that week (9th March), although there should be a phone line into the TC meeting.
- Next conceptual modelling telecon will be 23rd March
Summary of new actions and decisions from this meeting:
No new actions, but specifics of Action 21 greatly fleshed out (as above).
- 24 Feb 2010